Thursday, October 12, 2006

Social Networking

Todays world is so different to when I was growing up. Nowadays we have online friends, we game online, talk online have cameras and microphones connected to our pcs and generally can talk to anyone around the world. This technology is very cheap all you need is a pc connected to the internet and all these services are completely free. I use msn messenger to text my brother in uk, to see his kids on webcam it means I can keep up to date with them without travelling over and back. I also use it to keep in contact with old work colleagues and friends.One of mates lives about 1 mile away but I talk to her online more than I get to meet her. Its quicker its free and dead handy. Theres bebo and myspace I have accounts on both but don't use them anymore, I have found lots of people who I personally have no interest in wasting my time talking to. Skype is pretty similar but there are a few people who I would chat to there. I know one person who lives in Italy and I regularly talk to him on skype via text and the odd time plug in microphone and talk. So is it a good or bad thing social networking, there are parts of it that are excellent and save alot of time and money. I enjoy relaxing at home watching tv whilst talking to friends online. I can do several things at once which for me is great. On the other hand I have found that some unsavoury characters do try to contact you and annoy you but it is very easy to ignore them. I use the internet for what I like and the parts I do not like I keep away from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home