Friday, October 13, 2006

Dog Microchipping

My dog Bailey got micro chipped today, its the first time I have micro chipped a dog, I believe its important because recently my dog was stolen and 6 weeks later still no sign of her. Maybe if she was chipped there might be a chance of getting her back.

Chipping is quite painless for dog, it involved putting a needle into the dogs neck/bag. The needle is wider than a normal needle so there is a little blood but not too much. My details are sent off with the serial code so if any vets, dog wardens or rescue centres find the dog and scan him they can contact me immediately.

There has been a spate of stolen animals in the area in the last few week. We live in a quiet area with less than 20 houses on our road and already 5 dogs have been taken and 2 horses. Only this week my neighbour came out to see 2 teenagers lifting her dog out of the garden and luckily she asked them what they were doing, and got the dog back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home